Fermentis SafCider AB-1 Yeast (5g)
The best cider yeast for balanced ciders, combining delicate fresh apple and apple sauce notes. For all types of ciders even under difficult fermentation conditions.
- Excellent settlement strength even with its sensitivity to killer phenotype
- Regular kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- Very low nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) > 0.7
- Very good assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 125mg/L
- High malic acid consumption (up to 1.5 g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and isoamyl acetate producer. Amylic notes can be enhanced especially when YAN/Sugar >1
Current stock “Best By” date: 02/2026
Warning: Japanese law clearly stipulates producing any fermented product that exceeds 1% in alcohol content without a license is illegal.