The best cider yeast for a very high aromatic intensity and complexity towards fresh fruity notes (apple, banana-pear, red, citrus and exotic fruits) combined with interesting elaborated fruit notes (applesauce). For sweet ciders, sweet and round mouthfeel strengthening candy-like sensation.
- Regular slow kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F), ideally 15-25°C (59-77°F).
- High nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) > 0.9
- Medium assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 50mg/L. Very low production of acetaldehyde and SO2
- High malic acid consumption (up to 1.4g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and very high isoamyl acetate (candy-banana) producer
Current stock “Best By” date: 01/2025
Warning: Japanese law clearly stipulates producing any fermented product that exceeds 1% in alcohol content without a license is illegal.