The best cider yeast for a fresh aromatic profile (apple, citrus) with nice elaborated fruit notes (applesauce) bringing a good overall complexity. For sweet and dry ciders, even under difficult fermentation conditions. Sweet and round mouthfeel.
- Very good settlement strength even with its sensitivity to killer phenotype
- Regular to fast kinetic
- Broad fermentation temperature spectrum: 10-30°C (50-86°F)
- Low nitrogen requirements: Ratio YAN**(mg/L)/Sugar(g/L) > 0.7 – 0.8
- Good assimilation of fructose
- Maximum initial SO2 level recommended: 100mg/L and low production of acetaldehyde and SO2
- Medium malic acid consumption (up to 0.9g/L)
- Medium 2-phenylethanol and ester producer. Good balance between acetate (amylic) and ethyl (fruity) esters
Current stock “Best By” date: 01/2024
Warning: Japanese law clearly stipulates producing any fermented product that exceeds 1% in alcohol content without a license is illegal.